Wow...so I've been in Japan for a week now. It seems as if it has been a looong time. I guess a lot had happened...? In Tokyo, it was seminar after seminar... On the 2nd day in Tokyo, I felt sooooo exhausted...and I actually missed home...XD At the back of my mind, I was like.."what? it's only the 2nd day, and I'm homesick??? nooooo way......" After seeing & chatting with people back home, I was goooood to go again! Good. I'm back at my "honeymoon" stage. Good good.
Well, going out of the hotel building to get some snack kept me going too~ =)
After 2 full days of orientation at the Keio Plaza hotel in Shinjuku, time to go to my home away from home, Sendai! We're just in time for Sendai's biggest festival, Tanabata festival 七夕祭り. There's lanterns and decorated bamboos everywhere!! sooo festive! =) I almost forgot I'm here to work! My apartment is great too! I'm lucky to live in a relatively new apartment. Although it's somewhat small (my living room/dining room/bedroom/kitchen are all in a square), but I'm loving it! It's still a big mess right now. There are sooooooo many stuff for me to organize! My predecessor gave me a lot of things, especially plates, cutlery, cups! I think I have enough utensils for a party of 20 of more..haha.
hmmm, a few discoveries so far...
1. Everyday Japanese food in Canada is usually double the price of the ones in Japan. Eg. a standard lunch box is around $3-5
2. You actually have to pay extra for your phone charger... It kind of shocked me since phone charger is pretty essential, but why is it optional to get a charger...? interesting.....
3. It is still difficult to find store associates who can speak English in a Japanese city such as Sendai.
4. You need to purchase special garbage bags for the different kinds of garbage.
5. Yeah, get a bike. People bike everywhere...
6. Well, this is not new...but yup, my Japanese sucks... =(
Hmmm...to iphone or not to iphone....that's a question...
Well, I guess I should be cleaning my house, unpacking everything, perhaps preparing for my upcoming classes , or hanging out with the other JETs instead of sitting on my sofa/bed and embracing my laptop... Oh well, I'll give myself a chill weekend. Well, at least I have a phone, a place to live, and internet. Life should be good.
I guess that's it for now. cheers~ Enjoy Sendai.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the experience! Initially things will be unfamiliar and you will feel home sick from time to time but make sure you know God is always there with you and talk to him when you feel lonely. Looking to hear more update in the later time, enjoy the adventure!
ReplyDelete