Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 3 -- Shopping activity........

March 3, 2011



First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SELINA, JOSEPH, AND TIMOTHY!!! =)

Yes, I am not a very smart teacher. I use/waste a lot of time making stuff sometimes... This is one of them. Some people might know that I've been thinking about the 2nd year's shopping conversation lesson for the longest time. Since we did skit twice before....(props were involved too...), both my JTE and I wanted to do something else....BUT the big question is WHAT? We have been thinking...thinking...thinking...thinking. I've been searching...asking....thinking...bugging ppl about this lesson. In the back of my head, I was like..."It's only 1 lesson???? Why am I using soooo much time thinking about the activity??" Well, we've finally decided to give it a try and make everything. Haha, I did stay til 8:30 one night to make the props. Since I usually have classes during the day time, I wasn't able to make the props during the day. Because of the possible complication of this activity, I had to think through what the props should include. I actually had this lesson idea awhile ago; however, there are "flaws" to this activity....like how much practice they're really getting... whether this is too mechanical... Well, I guess there's no perfect activity eh?

As for the "money" shown on the picture, I wasn't going to laminate them. Well, since it was like 8:30pm already....I asked my JTE (yes, he was still in school too...) if he had thick clear tape. I was going to just tape one side of the money and cut them out like that. However, when I was telling what I was going to do to my JTE, he said, "I think laminating them will be better. Let's cut them out first!" Haaaaaaaa........laminating them meaning I'll have to cut them out first, then one by one lay them out on those laminating sheets, then cut them out one by one, THEN cut the corners since the corners of laminated sheets can be quite sharp. I was like......ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? I literally told my JTE that if we did that, it would take me til next year!!!! Haha, at last, we didn't do the activity the next day...(that's why I stayed til so late to prepare all the props). My JTE just did the textbook. Oh well, at least I got most of the stuff done. =) Well, intially, we were not going to include money since it is A LOT of work to make those money...and the kids probably know how to ask "how much is it?", "it's $..." already. However, true...,what kind of shopping doesn't involve money?? Fine...生徒達のために、やろう! (For the sake of the students...let's do it!) Well, on Friday, when I asked my JTE for the laminator, we laminated and cut the money together. I actually didn't expect him to do it with me. It was very 優しい of him. =) I am blessed to work w/ good people. =)

Soooooo....how did this activity go? We've done 2 classes so far. I think the kids enjoyed! I could tell that most of them at least know how to say "may i help you?", "I'm looking for a ________". Oh well...perhaps I'll post it somewhere...and other's can help me/others revise this activity to make it better.

Oh my....I can really blab on forever. Well, here's my 2 nensei's shopping activity. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment