Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 3 - Panic mode......

March 13, 2011

Emily and I had our most nutritious food for the day – banana. We followed by eating some more delish food like the following:



Yes, DRIED APRICOT and Sendai kitkat. They were good. =) Emily and I actually didn’t do much on that day. We first went to a park somewhat near her place to get water, dropped it off at her place, then we went to the international centre. I met a few people in international centre. They were all very nice people. =) The international centre had some food and drinks for foreigners to have and it was a little place for people to rest. Many people from abroad called the centre to find their family or friends in Sendai or in Miyagi prefecture. There were a number of volunteers who went around the city to jot down names of foreigners in different shelters.

One of the workers at International centre was a Japanese with very good English. It was very sad that her grandparents’ house got flushed away…..along with the people in there. After hanging around in the centre, Emily and I went to another person’s place for a shower. Yeaaaaaaa…shower. It was cooooooold, but it was nice to feel somewhat clean. =)

We then went to Daniel’s place for a little gathering with a few more people. We actually didn’t do much. We just chatted, discussed the possibility of leaving the city, talked about the possible ways of leaving the city, watched the news, and ate snacks. Haha, we actually thought of different ways of leaving. We thought of driving half way up to Yamagata and have the other Yamagata JETs to meet us; we also thought of taking the Yamagata bus together, then go to Aomori… Oversea relatives were very nervous about my condition. They kept on telling me to leave the city, but I was not sure… They actually told me to leave as soon as they could get in touch with me. Initially, I wasn’t really worried about the nuclear plant thing because I didn’t really think it was a threat to Sendai since it’s about 120km away from the plant. However, I guess the more news I saw and the more people, including friends, telling me to leave, the more I was thinking if I should really leave. I brought up this “leaving” discussion on the table. Man, I was so bad for bringing up the nuclear thing because that actually made some people worried… =(

Well, I guess at least we had a great time chatting and we had some good food! =) 2 of the ALTs just came back from Yamagata and brought a lot of food from there. We had some sort of yogurt w/ granola and chocolate PROTEIN POWDER (it actually tasted pretty good…=P ), roast wild boar, and pasta with wild boar stew.



The food was gooooood, but unfortunately, many people were somewhat in their panic mode about the nuclear thing.

I didn’t have a good sleep that night. I was sitting on the couch…and the tear of fear and “helplessness” rushed out of my eyes.

I was in my panic mode…

No comments:

Post a Comment