Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 5 -- Spring time...?!?

March 5, 2011


This is something called "Sakura mochi". I got this at the little cute bakery just below my house. They have good cakes. =) Hmmmm, I've tried almost all their cakes.... Ha, I guess that's another reason why I'm gaining weight... This time, I've decided to give their mochi a try. The pink part is cherry blossom-flavoured mochi. The outside leave is a piece of cherry blossom leave, and the inside is filled with red bean paste (yes, Japanese loves their red bean paste..haa!). People usually eat it during spring time since sakura is such a big thing in Japan. Perhaps it means spring is near.....? (well, for a day, I felt spring is springing...but SNOW came...............and it has been pretty cold since then...)

Sooooo, here comes the taste. =)

The mochi and the red bean paste part were pretty good. The mochi was chewy like...a mochi. =) The red bean paste was not overly sweet. NOW...the leave part.... It was SALTY!..... I did not like the saltiness w/ the sweetness here... It's kind of strange. I had it with my tutor during our tutoring session today. Well, it's a traditional Japanese snack. It's a good experience. I like the mochi...except the leave. haa!

Woooo...spring time + sakura. They make me think of....GOLDEN WEEK! YAY!! Now the Aomori trip is becoming more real. Tonight, Winsy, Emily, and Sophie came to my place to search for hotels in Aomori. Well, initially I was thinking of Hirosaki, but absolutely no hotel room was available in that area. LUCKILY, there were hotels in Aomori!!! =) The hotel we booked is only 3 minutes away from JR Aomori staion on foot! How nice....! It's not expensive too! I am excited. =) Man, i'll be so broke...

so this is my little blab about this spring theme thing. Enjoy spring everyone...when it's here. ha! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment