Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 66 - When the missing piece meets the big O

June 1, 2011



This is a book I wanted to buy along with my CD and cookie cutter. I saw this book in the school library. I really like it. It's a very simple book, but I think it's quite meaningful.

The book is about a "pizza slice", or part of a circle searching for its "missing piece", which is the rest of the circle. It keeps on searching for the missing piece and couldn't seem to find it. One day, it saw the big O. The O said, "why don't you become your own circle?" The piece looking for the missing piece then starts to try rolling. It was hard in the beginning because the piece is full of sharp edges. However, as the piece starts to roll, it has become a circle!

Well, I guess that's a short summary of the story book. I really like it. I guess different people would have different takes on the book. Some people say it is about love; some people say it's about life; some people say it's about friendship. I thought of people who are eventually become independent (or grow) by trying to roll. Yeah, I guess sometimes we had to do things that are difficult; however, if we do try to "roll", we would become a different us and grow! Rolling with edges may be difficult in the beginning, but if we persist, we could become an O!

Interesting. I will continue to roll. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment