July 20, 2011
Summer “vacation” is going to start tomorrow. To those who don’t know, the reason why “vacation” is quoted because teachers here REALLY don’t get vacations vacations. It’s just that there are no classes, but teachers still need to come to school. Some of you might think (and I have thought of this too…..): what are you going to do at school?????? Well, I’ll think of stuff to do. It’s nice that I don’t really need my brain for work during these holidays~ =P (fine, I’m a bad teacher perhaps. Ha!)
Sendai JETs can get special study leave during the year, and summer is probably the best time to take it. People can take some sort of courses as a ProD without needing to take annual leave. Some ALTs would choose to do some sort of TEFL courses whilst many would take Japanese classes. I have also considered taking Japanese lessons elsewhere, like Sapporo; however, because it is quite pricy and I will be spending a chunk of money elsewhere, I would be better for me not to take study leave. Nonetheless, I still wanna study Japanese!! Thus, this is when I borrowed my first book in school: a supposedly humorous book in nihongo.
I found this book from a student. I went to the library yesterday after lunch. I asked a random 3rd year student to recommend me a book, and he recommended this book to me. Hmmm, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make sense out of this book, but I guess you never know until you try eh? Well, I’ll try try see. =P
During my time at school, I’m also going to do a lot of Japanese worksheets and study for my JLPT. My goal this year is to do N3 in December. Although my tutor, myself included, is a bit skeptical about me passing the exam since I haven’t had time to study, I am gonna try.
がんばろう! to you and me!
As an aside, I had an interesting dream yesterday. I dreamt of me having to leave Japan, and I wasn’t mentally ready to leave yet! In my dream, I was at the airport with a few other ALTs (I have no idea why they appeared in my dream…XD), and I was regretting of not staying in Japan. Wait, I still have at least a year to go…. Why do I have such a dream? Some things in life just make me feel perplexed.
Interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment