July 24, 2011
Yes, the day has finally come. After months of practice, my dance team, Tsubasa, is performing in this summer festival in Sendai. Around 2000 people were performing today! It was a festive day~~
I believe each team dance 3 times during the day. The first one was the “stage” dance. The next dances were both parade dances. Thabisa, Pepi, and I were the “foreigners” in the group. It was Pepi’s last day in Japan! It’s great that we could all participate in this traditional event together.
The day started at 8:30. I was fortunate enough to have friends who came to take pictures. Thanks Mayu, Eriko, Emily, Winsy, Amanda, Andy, Lisa, etc.! I felt very blessed to have supportive friends like you. =) At the end of the event, all the teams danced together!! I was fun fun fun!
I’m so glad I joined this group. They are all very nice people and I want to do it again next year! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment