April 11, 2011
Ok, I cheated a little bit... It's not April 11 today, but whatever.
Hmmmm, I was going to post something else since April 11, 2011 is the 1 month anneversary of the Tohoku 9.0 earthquake. However, I couldn't seem to find a picture for it... Yeah, it has been a month. This month was definitely not the easiest month for many people in the Tohoku area of Japan, especially for those who have lost...something during this catatrophe. Up to today, we've had almost 1000 aftershocks after the initial shock...and the number is still raising. Haha, I am starting to be able to "hear" earthquake before it happens... Although I wasn't here for the entire month, but even the week after the quake gave me a lot of struggle and seeing. It is true. Even though I've only been in Japan for less than a year, I do feel I am somehow a part of this community. I am glad I am back. I do want to somehow help this community. It is sad to see all these happenings... I was watching a special edition show on tv about the quake etc. events. My heart hurt when I saw how helpless and pretty much hopeless the people who live close to Daiichi were... I was talking to our eductational advisor earlier and he said that many of them are coming to Sendai for school, jobs, etc. I hope God will continue to provide the best possible under this sitatuion. May Japan recover soon. I have not had enough of Japan yet!!
Wait wait...yes, my photo of the day. I actually wanted to put this photo as my photo of the day anyway, but I suddenly realized it was a month since 311, I thought I should write something about it. Anyway, back to the pic. Well, students are back to school, but there are no classes yet. Recently, I've been thinking of lesson ideas. Video conferencing was one of items in my list-to-try. Now I love my mobile internet! =) Although reception isn't as great as many stable internet is, it usually does the job. =) In the new school year, I might try skyping someone back home with my students to make an English lesson more interesting. In the lesson, they can practice speaking, listening. It is also a fun way to do some cultural exchange! Well, I guess video conferencing is not new anymore, but I think it still is somewhat unfamiliar in the Japanese classroom. I hope I can utilize this technology into the classroom. I would be fun!
Grace, say cheeeese! =) Haha, isn't my sister cute~~~!!! =P
No comments:
Post a Comment