Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 20 - Spring is here! =)

April 16, 2011



After a stressful day at work, I decided not to think of school AT ALL and just chill for the day. =)

It started with a super beautiful day! Sunshine...w/ a bit of wind. =) Well, it was actually pretty windy and it suddenly rained for a bit! I stayed at home til the afternoon and was ready for a sakura hunt. Since it was such a beautiful day, I felt I had to go outside! =)

This is a picture of Nishi Koen in Sendai. From fb, I saw that many places in Japan have been starting to have blossoms. Since Sendai is a bit up north, I didn't expect the blossoms to bloom as much as down south, but I decided to hunt for some early bloomers. I guess I might have missed the bigger Nishi koen sakura viewing places. The place I saw was smaller than I thought, BUT I did manage to hunt some sakura here and there! Some people were doing their hanami already! Like those summer festivals, the park was filled w/ food stalls along the side. Ah, festival food~~

I liked my day w/o thinking of work. It was chillaxing. =) I am definitely looking forward to the real hanami, whether in Sendai or at Hirosaki castle! =)

I like spring. Spring = hope (sort of) haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment