April 21, 2011
We had our earthquake drill today. Since we did the opportunity to really evacuate from the building not so long ago, it was extra important for all of us to know exactly what to do when we had to evacuate. Some assigned teachers first made sure all the exits that the students would use are cleared before the students came out. During an emergency situation, every milli-second have a big impact; thus, one of our vice-principals timed all the grades the time they used to get out to the field. The vice-principal also made a little speech about the incident on March 11th. From my limited Japanese, I think he was talking about what happened that day, where the students were, and what we did. Since the 1st years are new to the school, it's important to know what to do if emergency arises.
I still remember when I used to be student, I never really took these kind of drill seriously because I always thought...."what are the odds for something so serious to happen???" Ok, I think I'll never say that again... I guess it's always better to be prepared...better to be safe than sorry. Well, I definitely hope we don't need to evacuate because of emergency situation again....certainly not...
Haha, here's another aside. I really wish I can be more efficient in lesson planning. I am always stressed about the upcoming lessons. This week seems sooooo long!!! Why are there so many lessons to plan??? ha!
well, がんばります!ファイト!
I am soooooooo ready for another vacation..........already.
No comments:
Post a Comment