April 13, 2011
Actually not much to say today... Well, I do love the JR...as lease for my daily life here.. Because of the aftershock on April 7th, the train stopped running again. I had always travelled to work by JR. The station is like 4-min walk from my house. I usually take the 7:30 train, and I would get to school at 8:00. The cost of transportation for me would be around 330 yen/day since I get monthly pass. Well, I get my transportation reimbursed too.
However, since there was no JR, I had to bus. The bus stop is about 20-min walk from my place. The first bus ran at 7:15. Because it was the first bus, it was PACKED! Yes, it was very packed for all the days I took the bus. By the time I got to school, it was 8:20. It was even later the first day I took the bus! I was supposed to get to school by 8:15....but I had no choice. Because I walked to the bus stop, my trip was cheaper. However, with walking, it still costed me 1000yen/day. It is very interesting that a transportation that's slow and somewhat more inconvenient would cost more. haha! Well, I guess it's another cultural thing..? Not sure.
Well, I wouldn't say I'm complaining or anything. I didn't mind that few days when I had to take the bus because I bet I was not the only person who found that inconvenient. I don't mind "fighting" with the locals.. ha! =)
JR is operating again. I am happy. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment