Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 38 - Hanami! (花見)

May 4, 2011



Yay! it's time for hanami~ =) After the breakfast at the hotel, we took the 9:07 train to Hirosaki.

We packed things like snacks, tarp, umbrella for our hanami. When the bus was just outside the park, I could see a lot of sakuras already!!! There were soooo many! We found a place to sit and eat, but suddenly, the sky started to cry and there were even thunders..... Ohhhhhhh, why did it rain??????? It wasn't supposed to rain!! Well, so we walked around and we finally settled on a bench with a castle view. It was nice to chat w/ the girls and of course...eat. =)

We went into the castle and walked around the castle area. It was actually not as crowded as I thought. I really enjoyed the time when we just sat, ate, and chatted. =) With the thousands of cherry blossoms, no wonder soooo many Japanese likes to do hanami! I have never seen soooooo many cherry blossoms in one place before!!! I am sooooo glad I came here~~ =) I still remember planning this trip back in January/February. I am glad it actually became true!

We also visited a few former samurai's houses. They were very interesting. =) We then went back to Aomori for some apple souvenirs. Aomori is very famous for its apples, so there were many apple-related products.

It was quite a chilled trip. I enjoyed the bonding time and of course the sakuras. =) 一期一会~ I'm not sure when would be the next time we would do something like this, but I treasure all the time we spent together.

快樂時間過得特別快, we are leaving tomorrow.

Sweet dreams~

No comments:

Post a Comment