May 26, 2011
This is a “game board” that I’m planning to use tomorrow in my Special needs class. We are going to review colours and teach numbers 1-10. It looks colourful and stuff and fun. Hope the kids would like it! I’m glad that I am able to recycle the materials that I made before for this lesson. The colour papers were used in the 3rd years for a comparative/superlative review. They were also used in the special ed. Class when I was teaching numbers. The big cardboard was used as a game board previously in the special ed. Class.
This activity is very simple. Under the 90 colour cards, there are 12 stickers hidden behind the cards. The students will call out the colour and number of the card for me to reveal the “surprise”. There will be 9 students at most in my class tomorrow because all the 2nd years don’t have to come to school. I figure each student should at least get 1 sticker. However, I am a bit nervous about the activity. Although it seems interesting, most 1st year students are very shy and they refuse to speak publicly. I remember a kid would cry everything she had to speak publicly. Oh well, whatever. I’ll give it a shot anyway. You never know until you try.
Yes, you never know until you try. You never know what the result would be until you actually take the “risk” the flip the card. That’s my random thought when I was designing the activity. Haaaaaa, yea, it’s very random. I guess this activity is kind of like life in general. Well, at least a super over-simplified “life”. We often have to make different choices. We all want to good outcomes from the choices that we make, like getting the sticker (or treasure). Yeah, we often need to put effort to even have the chance of getting the treasure (the students need to know how to say the colour and number of the card). However, there may be many times in our lives even when we made our decision and put our effort, all we get is….nothing. Some people may be lucky enough to get what they want in a few go’s, but some may try many many times and still get nothing. Well, is it fair? I guess it’s just part of life. However, I guess those who try and try would still get “something” out of the process, like my special ed. Students. For those students who will try many times to find the stickers and fail, at least they got A LOT of practice in saying colours and numbers! I guess that is still some sort of gain…eh?
Haaaaa, I’m not sure if I’m even making sense….XD Since there are chances for us get something pleasant out of our effort, I guess the best thing we can do is to try our best. We could only keep on trying…and trying…and trying…
That’s right. Get the most out of every opportunity!~
共勉之。
No comments:
Post a Comment